Maybe you’ve read my older post, “5 Reasons Why My Doctoral Program is Easier than Undergrad“…. well, here is a retraction. Or at least a giant addendum in the footnotes.
- To quote an older student, “Finals week was like a kick in the face.” Except it wasn’t 1 week it was 2. 3 exams week 1, followed by 3 exams and a practical the next week. Kudos for my classmates for putting up with me. Whilst practicing my potential practical case loads the words, “I DON’T EVEN WANT TO BE A PT ANYMORE I WANT TO GO HOME” followed by me stomping around an exam room came out of my mouth. I’m not proud. But it happened.
- Going to bed at around 12 midnight and getting up at 5:45am to study sucks. But I did it… several times in preparation for this exam. It’s hard not to sound like a giant complainer, but that’s basically what the internet was made for. Here I am, complaining about the program I signed up for to people who are going through literally the same exact thing as me, WHATEVER IT WAS HARD.
- I don’t have time to exercise. Don’t give me the “if you wanted to make time you would.” Stop it because it makes me want to punch a wall. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I bet I could have and it probably would have been the best thing for me, but I didn’t and it made me crazy. With the sleep schedule I mentioned, I don’t know what I would’ve done. Say what you will, but I did get a 100% on my pharmacy final, so obviously something is working?? idk, lmk
- My room is a giant mess because I am never home to clean it. I usually leave before 7 and come home at 11:30 and then I shower and go to bed to wake up at 5:45am. It is a disgusting mess, and my boyfriend who is very clean would cringe if he saw it. That’s a silly thing to put on my list, but it’s my list and I can do what I want. So HA.
- My diet is poo poo. I was able to meal prep for my first week and held out with baked sweet potatoes and avocado omelettes and salads, but then I lost my shizz-nit in the second week and my sister has flex passes that need to be used and I love dessert. This is only on my list because I didn’t have anything else to complain about.
Update: 5/8/17 I did it!! I made it through finals and did pretty well for someone who was running around saying, “I don’t even want to me in school anymore I want to go home!” Was I a giant baby? Yes. Will it happen to me in the future? Most likely. Silver lining: Ted’s.